Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tater Tour! Ride Recap...

What: Tater Tour 2010
Where: Three Rivers District, Maple Grove
Distance: 25 miles!
Weather: Cold, a little rainy at the start

Critter sightings: 8 squirrels, 9 dogs (8 on leash, one staring forlornly out a patio window), 1 bunny.
Bike riders I passed: 6
Bike riders I passed dressed correctly for the weather: 6 (I may be faster, but I'm not smarter.)
Number of sticks kicked up to smack me in the shin: 1 (and one is enough.)
Number of inches of water on the section of the trail that is "prone to flooding": 3-4

I came, I saw, I biked! It was chilly, and a little rainy (though it stopped the actual raining about 5 miles in I think.) I was well-dressed in lots of layers, which I was pretty proud of -- but I didn't really have any rain protection to speak of. There weren't a lot of folks out and about, so it was mostly a solo ride -- which was nice! The 2 hours went by amazingly fast, and aside from some serious annoyance at my iPod skipping... it was pretty pleasant. It would have been an amazing ride if the weather would have cooperated.

Wrapping up the ride with a baked potato and a root beer float was pretty close to heavenly!

(No one else was sporting striped knee-highs, you can bet.)

1 comment:

  1. Love the knee-highs! How are the bike shorts working for you? I can't live without mine! Well, maybe I can but I sure do like them.

    ReplyDelete