Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chap Stick. A must.

Tonight was the celebration of my mom's birthday. Her birthday was in August, mind you, but we've never been great at timely birthday celebrations in my family. Anyway, her restaurant of choice is a mere 6.3 miles from my house. Mostly uphill, traffic-heavy miles... but I felt it was attainable.

She was unimpressed. Even to the point of changing the locale if I was insisting on being crazy and biking there. So, with the aid of my brother I drove to said celebratory location... And then biked back as my brother drove my car home.

Verdict? Just because the route home had less uphills doesn't mean no uphills. I've never prayed for a red light more in my life. (And no, it didn't work.)

Also, chap stick is a good idea.

Also also... Cold wind makes your nose run. It's awkward to bike with your head tilted back in the hope that the snot will run down instead of out.

I also realized that riding 25 miles, if I can maintain my mph, will still take around 2 hours.

TWO HOURS.

I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment