Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hey, City of Saint Paul...

...Speaking of resurfacing... Wheelock Parkway could really use some love, knowwhatI'msaying?

Anyway, It's funny how biking changes how you look at things. Last Friday I was driving to White Bear for an oil change. I usually take Wheelock, 'cause it's scenic, to Hwy 61 and take that up to my old Saturn dealership. (*sniff*) So I thought, "hey, I wonder how far it is from my house along Wheelock to 61?" and it looked to be about 4 miles... That seemed doable.

So I gave it a go tonight.

All-in-all... mostly successful. There is a gradual hill over about 4 blocks that totally killed me -- I stopped and made a couple calls while I waited for my lungs to work again -- and I only made it about 1/3 of the way up the serpentine hill on the way home. Oh, and a couple bikers passed me while I was walking my bike up said hill. But they looked serious. I do not look serious.

So... verdict: 7.3 miles. 45 minutes. One pit stop at Holiday for some emergency Powerade. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment