Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Day Off

I wish it was because I chose to take it off... I was just away from home allll day!

My day started with a drive out to Maple Grove for the REI Scratch and Dent sale. I arrived around 9, and was greeted with the sight of a line stretching alllll the way down to DSW. Including tents and sleeping bags. Oh, and it rained the night before and it was pretty flippin' chilly. (Apparently people had started camping out 8pm the night before.)

The store opened at 10, and I wasn't having any of that... so I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. (Including a new Fiberful bar -- with veggies! Beets and Pumpkin, etc.) I did get in line around 9:30, and when they handed out numbers I was in the group slated to go in the warehouse at 11:15. So I shopped.

Score: (1) pair of winter-y biking gloves for 50% off, and a headlamp for my next trail run (since I finished the last one in near-darkness.) As for the sale, it was pretty picked over by the time I got in. They DID have a Scott hybrid bike for $189... but each group was only given 10 minutes in the sale. Not even I can make an impulse buy THAT fast.

I spent the rest of the afternoon at an awesome garage sale, then went out for delicious Indian food, and finished up the day at the final regular season MN Stars soccer game.

By the time I was home -- I was beat!

PS - Glowsticks make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment