Sunday, September 12, 2010

Biking and Birhwood! Nom!

About 8 weeks ago a dear friend of mine suggested we bike from her house to the Birchwood Cafe (one favorite food eatery.) It was a mere 6 miles... totally doble. Well, one would think. At that time I was still rocking my 42-pound cruiser and any sort of incline made my lungs explode. However, NOW I can fly, right? Plus I totally did 16 miles yesterday, so what's 12 miles today?

(Totally doable with a delicious meal break in the middle, anyway.)

So the day was gorgeous and perfect for this outing. We ate outside, too. I had a tasty TLT (Tempe Lettuce 'n' Tomato) sandwich on foccacia and a cup of chicken chili. Nom. Nom nom.

I kept myself away from the desserts, which I was pretty proud of... but then my friend and I had this totally weird mind-meld involving ice cream at Izzy's! (Apparently why I didn't stop yesterday!)

So... that was our next stop. It also helped that there is a killer hill leading up to Izzy's from Birchwood.

That is a kid's scoop of Lemon Custard, with a (huge) Izzy scoop of raspberry sorbet. It was heaven in a cup.

But was this the last treat of the ride? No! Since we did most of the ride along the river, it was beautiful and scenic all-around. However, we were lucky enough to end our ride at this scenic overlook and it was simply a great way to end the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment