Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two - Library!

It occurs to me that I had better start planning my biking routes ahead of time. No one wants to read about me biking around Lake Como every day for 30 days. Not to mention I wouldn't want to blog about it that much. Or bike it, for that matter. Anyway...

For today I decided to bike to the new Roseville Library. New, as in they remodeled and reopened in July. It's pretty snazzy. Dunn Brothers coffee, LEED certified building, special rockstar parking for energy efficient vehicles and car pools... But... I'm not sure I like it. It's very light and airy and open... And stark and cold and commercial.

But it has TONS of computers. And free WiFi. So I shouldn't be complaining.

I think on my way home I will stop and buy some string cheese... And try not to stop and buy a Dairy Queen mini Blizzard.

PART TWO! I spoke too soon! My biking adventures had just begun... I got waylaid briefly by a nice woman who made judgments about me based on the awesomeness of my helmet... she thought I might know an electrician or someone who knows about batteries. Weird, right? Apparently she's a "green" person and thought I might be too based on my bike-ness. ANYway... due to that, I was caught unprotected in a spontaneous thunderstorm! One of those "blue sky right over there but it's pouring here" kinds... and I was mere blocks from the grocery store, too. I pulled over under a fairly large tree and waited it out (mostly.)

I was rewarded, though... Behold, above the Rainbow Foods --
DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment