Monday, April 4, 2011

What? No kick stand?

Did you know that bikes don't come with kick stands?
I didn't know that bikes don't come with kick stands.
I can only assume that is because if you're buying an awesome speedy steed, as I did, you would never stop riding and then never need to prop it up.
That, or most people don't have cats who like to knock it over.
(And perhaps most people don't store their bikes in their dining room.)

Anyway, I had this issue. And let's face it -- I may feel comfortable painting a bike rack a wild color, but I was going to have to do some major research on what kick stand is appropriate for my bike.

OR... I could find another solution entirely!

I don't even remember what it's called! But it folds up, and can fit in your pocket! And then it gets all unfoldy and fits over your pedal stem. This was designed for very specific models (not mine) but it works reasonably well!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that until I bought Ginger. I took for granted all the things that came with my last magical Gary Fisher. I hope that whatever douche-canoe stole my Tassajara appreciates him, or whomever he or she sold it to appreciates him.
    I got a kickstand at REI for like $7. It was super easy to install, and is like every other kickstand I've ever seen. While Ginger is a bit of a lush (as if anyone would expect differently), she can at least stand on her own now.

    ReplyDelete