Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hoop It Up!

So tonight I made a hula hoop!

Apparently, the hoop arts are making a pretty strong comeback. In addition, it would seem that going out and buying a hoop from your local store is NOT recommended if you're a grown-up. Bigger folk require bigger hoops! It makes sense, right?

Finding the "correct" irrigation tubing was a bit of a challenge... I went to two Menard's and a Lowe's... and actually I went to one of the Menard's twice... However, the actual making of the hoop was not too hard! I followed he tutorial here.

My only regret is that I didn't have a bunch of cool tapes to decorate with.

But it's just my first hoop! I plan on making one for my mom, and a weighted "fitness" hoop which somehow involves water... I think it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment