Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day Three!

W00T! Check out the super-sweet custom rack! In all honesty, it was a bit too cold to spray paint yesterday. It took very long to dry. In fact, I was a concerned it never would. I also could have really given it another coat, but I was too impatient -- and who's really going to look closely, anyway?

Went for a ride this morning... it was mostly cloudy, about 46 degrees, and the wind was blowing at about 20 mph. The wind was kind of a bummer. Other learnings included: if you're going to the library, make sure to remember it's Sunday and it's not open until noon. Also, if this is your first longer ride after a winter of sitting on cushy chairs and couches, maybe you should wear some actual padded bike shorts.

Aside from those bumps in the road (and the literal bumps, too. Can't wait for the street sweepers to clear off all the sketchy sand on the roadsides) it was a good start to the month o' riding. Rain is on the way for today and tomorrow, but Tuesday is looking good for another trek!

3 comments:

  1. We should plan on a ride sometime soon. Maybe on the Gateway or on the trail that goes to the Big Blue Box of Doom.
    I need to get a new rack...my old one is out there somewhere on the bike that was stolen. I also need to get the fenders and kickstand I got last season on my bike.
    I really need a master list of what I want to do to and for my bike this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a list and it was really helpful. Need to get some specialty bolts from Menard's to get my fenders useable... And I'm still thinking I should get a 'real' helmet -- but I like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are your fenders not useable? Mine came with everything I needed...and I got pretty much the cheapest thing REI had to offer.
    Have I mentioned that I love Ginger, but I miss my old bike? 'Cause I do...

    ReplyDelete