Friday, April 8, 2011

I love you, Ax-Man.

What's that? Could it be a LIFE-SIZE JESUS BOBBLE-HEAD??

Yes. Yes it is.

(And yes, I pushed on his head to see if it would wiggle.)

Today I hit the local awesome surplus store, Ax-Man. I was in search of bamboo, fake fish, and a steering wheel. I didn't walk out with any of those things (though the first thing I saw walking in was bamboo. Huge bamboo. But too short for what I needed.) I did get some adhesive-backed foam strips and a roll of masking tape.

I nearly walked out with a couple Japanese notepads, featuring "Happy Burger." They had an adorable engrish phrase on the front, which I have since forgotten... but I was able to resist.

As a props person, I can't believe how invaluable a resource Ax-Man is. I mean sure -- sometimes it's a complete strikeout for what you're actually looking for. But other times it has just what you need, and sometimes things you didn't even know you needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment