Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day Two!

...and I already was whining. But I thought, A) it's only the second day, what kind of wuss am I? and B)... well, I forget what B was but it got me to the gym.

Yesterday's activity: 1 hour on the treadmill
Goal: 5 miles
Diversion: Criminal Minds
Result: 4.5 miles (up .25 miles from last week, so I think my goal is attainable!); 800 calories.
Learnings: It is unfortunate when the show you are watching causes you to get a little choked up when you are already wheezing a little from the exertion. (Also, I was able to do 30 "girlie" pushups in under 20 minutes so I may have to amend my goal to be "real" pushups.)

Today's activity: 30 minutes on the bike, circuit training
Goal: 30 minutes, complete circuit before getting booted out by a class
Diversion: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Result: 30 minutes attained -- SPvtW is a good diversion (and good for another 3 sessions!), circuit completed without cutting anything short; 480 calories.
Learnings: Was way too thirsty (undermedicated) and drank way too much fluids before the workout. It made biking a bit uncomfortable and my ab work too (especially the stupid plank.) Also forgot my arm band for my Nano 'cause I had to load Cee-Lo on my Running playlist. Annoying (but worth it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment