Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day Four!

Yesterday's Activity: None
Excuses: Okay, so it snowed. One might think that Minnesotans would be capable of dealing with a couple inches of the white, fluffy stuff. One would be wrong. After spending 2 1/2 hours in the car to travel less than 10 miles... plus having a "challenging" day at work... I was done. And I was feeling kind of crummy and achy, so I drugged myself up and went to bed. I think it was the right choice.

Today (so far!): Running outside!
Goal: Not to freeze, or throw in the towel too early.
Diversion: A beautious winter snowscape, and my Nano.
Result: 24 minutes, about 1.5 miles
Learnings: Running in snow is hard! Big kudos to the folks clearing the snow along Wheelock Parkway -- nice job. The feeling that your running tights are going to fall down is quite disconcerting.I was pleased to be correctly dressed -- I didn't freeze. I also have the best snow-running ensemble ever -- all black! So, I won't be running in the dark.

I may still do my planned workout later today, but I am glad that I took the time to try the outdoor running.

No comments:

Post a Comment