Sunday, January 16, 2011

Roasting! And Scallions!

For my most recent "new recipe" I chose Roasted Beef and Mushroom Soup -- another selection from Martha Stewart's "Everyday Foods" magazine. I was excited about it because (A) it involves roasting, and (B) I bought scallions for it! (There is also a fairly long and drawn out drama about trying to find Barley... but all that matters is that I DID find it.)

In hindsight, I think I would like to invest in a roasting pan. I was concerned that I'd get singing or something because I couldn't "toss" everything in the olive oil very well. (Though my cats would have certainly helped me clean up if anything ended up on the floor.)

I'm also thinking that my oven is hotter than it should be. The dial is set correctly, and my thermometer reads the right temp... but these roasted about 8 minutes quicker than they were supposed to, and the last time I made pizza I only left it in about 2/3 of the prescribed time.

Anyway. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment