Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Okay. It was bad enough when cameras had actual print film. I would shoot the roll, take it in to be developed (maybe within a month if I was lucky) and then said photos would spend a blissful existence in their photo envelope. In a shoe box. Occasionally seeing daylight when I decided to "organize" or "reminisce"...

Now I've cut out the developing middle man... but all my photos now dwell in electronic form. Sure, you're saving money on developing (especially on photos you didn't even know were bad until you had them printed) but there's just something missing from the experience when you're showing your trip/birthday/fashion photos on a computer screen.

This is why I enjoy scrapbooking... and trust me, I could probably do a whole YEAR of UFO months getting all those books finished. Eep.

But anyway, I have wonderful friends and family, and wonderful photos of them as well! I decided to invest in a photo collage frame, to get as many photos out there as possible. Of course, that involves choosing the photos you want AND photos that prescribe to the strange shapes that the frame has decided you can use. Then you can't just pop over to Target or Walgreens and get these pictures printed to the size you need... oh, no. You've gotta edit them, and re-size them, and then buy new ink cartridges for your printer because your old ones dried out from disuse.

This was a bit more expensive of a UFO than I expected.

But it looks good! AND... the frosting on the cake... I actually got it HUNG UP, too! W00t!

PS - on an unrelated note... today I learned that when you're running outside in the winter, you may want to consider tucking your shirt in.

No comments:

Post a Comment