Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Recipe!

I really thought this was another recipe from my Everyday Foods light magazine... but now I can't seem to find it anywhere! Anyway, here's a link to almost exactly the same recipe from the Martha Stewart website: Pasta e Fagioli.

The only difference with mine was that I didn't use any parmesean initially (but will probably add some) and I threw in some Morningstar Sausage at the end because it just needed a little more substance to stand alone as a lunch food. Oh, and the recipe I looked at only specified "small pasta" which I wasn't really sure what to do with -- so I used small shells. I thought about doing ring pasta, but that just brings me right back to church picnics and tuna salad.

No new foods or methods this time (well, I'd never used the meatless sausage before -- tasty!) but it was pretty quick to throw together and I was glad the pasta cooked IN the broth so I didn't have to boil/drain it separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment