Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1

I decided that one of my goals/efforts of the month was going to be to not rely on NPR News for my entertainment, but instead to switch to The Current.  There was a time (back when I was in college radio) that I had a handle on what was hip and happening in new music.  I feel like more recently I've been relying on bands and music that I already know.  So... The Current is my new driving companion!

Today's Observations:
This morning I heard a song with a Motown vibe that I swear had backup vocals by Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Then this afternoon I heard a cover of Kenny Rogers' "Islands in the Stream."  Really, did that need to be covered?  (Here is where I confess that for most of my youth, I thought the lyrics were "Highland's Industry... That is what we are...")  Regardless... unnecessary.

I hope tomorrow's discoveries are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment