Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cake...not just a great dessert!

Heard a nice interview with the frontman of Cake today. They've got a new album out and I caught the new single on the Current tonight. What I did learn, which I haven't noticed in the years I've been a fan, is the prevalence of the 'vibraslap' in their music.

I've been a fan of the vibraslap since we were introduced in elementary music class.

So now I want to re-listen to all my Cake albums and pick it out!

Now for my confession... I heard said interview while cheating on my30-day pledge of listening to The Current.

I heard the interview on NPR.

But see... Good this can come from broken promises. :)

(PS - the Monkees, minus Mike Nesbitt, will be in concert at the MN Zoo on Fourth of July weekend! I was excited until I saw the $75 price tag. Perhaps I should just pull out my 'Best of the Monkees' CD and be content with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment