Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cute Food!

Cute food is kind of a sort of craft, right? In any case, at BORDERS the other day I picked up Cute Yummy Time, a bento recipe book. I have oh so much bento things squirreled away, and I've kind of been lax in my "adorable lunch" making. So, one of the recipes sounded way yummy, and the tiger looked adorable too... so I was on board!

Everything went pretty well! The cooking, and the converting of brown rice into sushi rice... then it came to the decorating of the tiger. Now, in the author's recipe the whole thing is put into a single dish -- therefore you only have to make one (relatively large) tiger. In MY plan, I had to make five (small) tigers.

I gave up after the first one.

And after a not particularly well-executed one at that. I needed darker greens, and apparently a set of tweezers to place the decorations, and the rice was really sticky and making his little paws was hard...

...I hope it's delicious.

But fear not! I will not be discouraged! Next week I'm going to try Panda Tofu Soba Noodles!

1 comment:

  1. I think the more you do it, the better your food sculpting will get. I'm guessing the person that sculpted the critter in the book has done that many, many, many times.
    Yay bento!

    ReplyDelete