Saturday, July 23, 2011

Warrior Dash!!!

My recommendations to you, if you wish to participate in Warrior Dash:

1. Actually train.  No, seriously.  Running. Pushups. Situps. Hill drills.  Seriously.
2. Do it with friends!
3. Get more than 4 hours of sleep the night before.
4. Don't fly in from anywhere the same morning.

In spite of not following any of my own recommendations, I survived.

Yes, survived.  The thing about having the race at a ski hill is that you've got to run up the hill.  And down.  And up.  There was not a lot of flat.  (And therefore, there was not a lot of running on my part.)
The obstacles were fun to tackle -- I did bow out of two of them, but I think I would give them a tray next time.  There was a length of trail that was really (shoe-sucking) muddy, and that was unfortunate... but I made it across the finish line and got my medal!

The socks got trashed, and the shoes got donated.

WARRIOR HELMET! ...and a medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment