Sunday, July 10, 2011

HUGE Zoo Day

 Okay, so I live less than 2 miles away from Como Zoo.  This, inevitably, means I never go there.  I drive through there occasionally on my way elsewhere.  I bike through there.  I run near there.

Thankfully I had reason to be there on Sunday.  For, like, 3 hours.

It was ridiculously hot and humid.

But I perservered, and got some nice pics with my phone camera!

Giraffe!  There were 3.  They are tall.
 And these monkeys were teh adorable.  I didn't get a picture of the monkey area with the enormous plastic pickle. (Or is it a cucumber?)










The flowers outside the Visitor Center are gorgeous... but in the heat of the day, I was distracted by the promise of air conditioning!









Trippy and technicolor!

I don't know what these purple flowers are, but I thought they were gorgeous!

Obviously, with the warmth and the steam... it was humid in there.  But, strangely, since I thought it was supposed to be "tropical" it didn't bug me nearly as much as the weather outside.

And a blast from the past... I totally had one of these molded plastic gorillas when I was a kid.  (Definitely under the age of 6!)  I couldn't believe I remembered that, just from the sight of this machine.  It's in the ape house... and they have one in the cat house that does lions!

Oh, and this is a biking post because I totally biked here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment