Friday, July 22, 2011

My Denver Drinking Adventure

Okay, so those who know me know I'm not a drinker.

In fact, to my knowledge I've never been drunk.

It's never prevented me from being the life of the party if I chose to, but I thought since I was in a strange city with even stranger friends (who would totally have my back) I'd thought I'd try something new!

It started with a couple blended margaritas from The Denver Rio (peach and mango) as well as some fantastic fish tacos!

(Yeah, it's empty now.)






Then we walked around the corner to the Fox and Hound for further entertainment. I ordered a blackberry long island iced tea (but only drank about 1/4 of it) and since I knew it was important to eat, I also ordered chocolate cake.  They were both delicious, but the cake was finished.  (A friend helped me out with the drink.)  Then I was gifted a Wild Cherry Kamikaze... which I hear is not the strongest thing ever.  (Thank goodness... and it looked less scary than the "Dead Smurf" shot that was the other offering.)



All this happened with many glasses of water (I nearly passed out on Tuesday thanks to Denver's increased elevation and I learned my lesson!) over about 6 hours.

Needless to say, I wasn't overly impressed.  I think I'll be sticking to my Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers.  They're awfully more affordable. ;)

However, a great time was had by all -- and it was a fun adventure!

(What happens in Denver stays in Denver... right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment