Sunday, July 17, 2011

Denver - Day One!

So, the first thing to remember when you think it's a good idea to catch a SUPER early flight -- is that you most likely will NOT get to check in to your hotel upon arrival.  AND sometimes even though they tell you you'll have a rental car -- you won't.

Thankfully, I had already planned on utilizing Denver's awesome Light Rail to get to Downtown.  What I didn't really plan on was ridiculous heat and a 1 1/2 mile walk to the train station.

But I sucked it up and totally did it.  Here are some photo highlights.

I liked the "kiss and ride" - where people could drop off their loved ones to catch the train/bus. 
This is the Pedestrian Bridge that gets you across 25 to the train station.  It's long.
Look!  It's IKEA Centennial!
Train approaching!
I couldn't get over how CLEAN the trains are!
A little scenery.
Union Station -- under construction, but I bet it's awesome!
There was more construction around the Eternity Bridge, but all the chainlink was decorated with crochet flowers!
Didn't read about this statue.
Look!  Proof that I was actually there!  (Hard to secure when you're traveling alone.)




No comments:

Post a Comment