Friday, July 29, 2011

Trail Race #1!

I can't believe it's already started, but I had my first trail race of the season last night!

This is part of the Lifetime Fitness Trail Series -- it runs every other Thursday for 5 events.  This one was 4.58 miles in Hyland Park Reserve.  The weather was a little on the muggy side, and I was having a hard time with needing my sunglasses for the blazing sun, but being blinded by them in the more wooded areas -- but all in all it was a success!  My goal was to finish in a hour, and I got in at 1:03:38.  Not too shabby at all!

(I think I could have made it.  I didn't push myself tooooo hard.)

The only bummers were that there was no water at the second water stop, and then no water at the finish line.  (Or Gatorade!)

But I'm excited for the next one... or I was, until I just saw that it's 5.4 miles.

Erk.

A really good number!!  Except that I didn't win any prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment