Saturday, May 14, 2011

Seven Miles!

...Accidentally!!

Last weekend I was lucky and it was a "rest" week for the runners that are on-track for their race training. This week I thought I was lucky that the first water stop was 3.25 miles in -- so I could run for the water, and turn tail and get back to the car.

I was happy to discover, once I reached the water stop, that it was actually closer to 3.7 miles in!

Hooray!

So, today's NEW is running 7 miles -- something I've never done before.

I also ran in the rain... which although it's not my preferred weather was not so bad.

Next week everyone runs 12 miles -- including me. I thought it was smart (and necessary) for me to try the distance before the race so I knew what I was getting into and could set some reasonable expectations.

Oh, and have 2 weeks to recover -- and re-attach my legs if necessary. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just a tip since that is an insane mileage increase, really shrink your intervals. I would do 1.00:1.00 or even better .30:.30
    I know that in your head, you are thinking, "but that's the same amount of running and waling either way!" The thirty to thirty will be so much easier on you, and your time will be better than if you try to go for a full minute at a time. I just don't want you to injure yourself or burn yourself out before the big race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendation! I'm appreciative 'cause I don't really want to go into this blind. :)

    ReplyDelete