Friday, May 13, 2011

Giving Is Awesome!

I just had the most fun ever shopping for the "Stamp Out Hunger" Postal Service food drive.

A few weeks ago the Boy Scouts were doing something similar, but I totally spaced it. So, maybe my enjoyment was due in part to my getting to squelch the guilt of missing out on that opportunity.

In any case, instead of pawing through my (not very stocked) cupboards -- I hit the local grocery store to buy all kinds of wonderfulness. I couldn't help but be reminded of the South Park Episode where Kenny wins a can of creamed corn to feed his family. I also vaguely remember elementary school food drives where we seemed to always donate the stuff we didn't want to eat ourselves. (Canned green beans were one of my favorite things to inflict on the needy.)

So in my bag: enriched penne and rotini, Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, pineapple tidbits, tuna, garbonzo beans... and some more things I have forgotten.

Here's hoping I don't forget to put it out tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment