Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mmmm... Pasta.

My family isn't great at holidays. I mean, the major ones (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, for example) are set -- but the smaller ones (Birthdays, Mother's Day, etc.) are a little more fluid. If we can gather to celebrate these events in the same moth in which they occur, we are doing really well.

Anyway, we celebrated Mother's Day on Tuesday -- a two-day delay being nearly unheard of!

We celebrated at the Olive Garden, a much-anticipated meal because I was hoping to partake in the pear gorgonzola pasta I'd seen advertised on the telly a few months ago. Of course, it was no longer on the menu. However, the Olive Garden doesn't disappoint! Their new Four Cheese Pastachettis (with italian sausage or chicken) are delicious. And because I enjoyed so many breadsticks, I was able to take the leftovers for lunch for two days! A great value.

Topping it off with a mini-dessert (Limoncello) was darn near perfect. I know that the whole "dessert shot" thing was hot a while ago, but the more often I'm given the option to NOT get a full slice of pie, or cake, or what have you... the more I realize that I only really require a couple bites of dessert. Give me a whole serving and I will eat it -- but I will be just as satisfied with less.

A lesson I think a lot of us could benefit from in all kinds of situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment