Thursday, November 11, 2010

Warm and Toasty!

(...even when you don't exactly follow the instructions right!)

Okay, so the book "One Yard Wonders" is awesome because: A) It's written by a local author and part-owner of Crafty Planet -- one of my fave craft shops. Also, B) every project in it can be done with one yard of fabric or less! (However, let's face it... not everyone can actually wear a shirt or skirt made with only one yard. Nor should they.)

I was flipping through it because I was looking for a replacement for my exploded hot/cold pack, and voila! A pattern for a pack and an obi-style belt. I didn't care much about the belt, I just wanted something I could thrown in the microwave (like, NOW) to put on my aching neck.

In spite of following the directions wrong, the pack works just fine! It's filled with whole flax seed (organic, though that matters not) but I could also have used rice. I'll be tackling it again (the right way) to make the whole project... but it was a great, fast solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment