Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cheesecake!?

Something I have always enjoyed... but secretly feared. I mean, not that a cheesecake would come for me o my sleep or anything -- more feared its creation. But this was going to be it! My attempt to make a cheesecake. First, some backstory...

I saw a recipe called "Maple Cheesecake with Baked Pears" (with a picture, of course. I can't tell you how many recipes I pass over, though I'm sure they're delicious, because there's no picture. A picture will get me every time!) and knew it was the one. I talked about it at work, and one of my coworkers said I simply HAD to make it (and bring it in for everyone to eat, of course.) I said I'd love to, but unfortunately I didn't own a springform pan... of course, she did and said she's try to remember to bring it in for me to use. Now, were this me it would mean I hoped that I would remember to get it to work within the next week or two... or month. But no, she brought it the next day. No pressure, right?

Anyway... today was the day. I was not as successful doing the press-in crust as I would have hoped. I need to do some research on a better method for that. It was uneven, and therefore baked unevenly... it didn't go halfway up on the sides like it was supposed to... etc. Also the pears weren't cut very consistently, so they didn't bake very evenly. Next time.

I think it turned out awfully pretty, and I hope it tastes good, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment