Saturday, November 13, 2010

...and Cakes!

So, usually I'm a cupcake baker. Easy, cute, portable... and when you make them the way I do (box o' cake mix plus one can of diet soda) they're relatively low-calorie.

Anyway, I decided to mix it up today and make a CAKE instead... my first one! It was just your basic white cake mix, so I decided to sprinkle in some mini chocolate chips to add some excitement. The frosting is just your basic vanilla (and it looks like I may have sampled a little too much, 'cause the frost job is a little thin in spots.)

I was wishing I had extra so I could try some fancy piping on it... but it's safely tucked away in the fridge so I won't eat it.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy Brooke.Nice looking cake. Funny about eating the frosting and having it end up a bit thinner lol.

    ReplyDelete