Sunday, February 20, 2011

Warehouse Club Shopping

So I had a very inexpensive food week last week, eating out of the freezer. In contrast, I think I spent $100 on groceries this week. In my defense, I was reacting to not only a bare fridge, but also a bare freezer. Also, it felt like everything I put in my cart at the ol' Sam's Club cost $6. $6 worth of bread loaves, $6 worth of string cheese, $6 worth of Laughing Cow cheese wheels... Plus an enormous bottle of ibuprofen and multivitamins. I was thinking about buying the beef I needed for this week's lunches... but even though I knew I'd be getting almost 4x as much beef for the same price -- I just couldn't bring myself to buy that much extra. I know I can freeze it, but I just don't eat that much meat -- It would be like it was looking over my shoulder all the time, demanding to be used.

Too much pressure.

I failed in my coupon efforts as well. I shopped Saturday because today we were supposed to be buried in snow all day long. I didn't wait for the weekly ads for sales or anything. So I only managed to save $4 at the grocery store.

...and I still haven't started my taxes yet.

The month is drawing to a close! It's time for that last-ditch effort (and to start racking my brains about what next month will be!)

1 comment:

  1. is sams only 6$ per item on average? I goto costco, and I can usually figure my total , by multiplying the item count by 10.

    Oh well good luck!

    ReplyDelete