Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tour de Food - Uptown Charlotte

So, other places I've been must have food tours, right? Why have I never thought about them before?

In celebration of my sister's birthday weekend with me in Charlotte, we bought tickets to a walking food tour of Uptown Charlotte.


3 or so hours, 7 restaurants, plus some fun facts and history about the city. Our guide, James, was great! The other people on the tour were fun, too.

The coolest part, I thought, was sampling at Amelie's... The pastries they eat on the train to Capital City in the Hunger Games AND the salted caramel brownies the Obamas order in to the White House!


Also, the chef at The Wooden Vine was so passionate and excited about the x restaurant it made me want to eat there.

So fun! I'm going to look into doing these in our other cities (and maybe at home too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment