Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Alliiiiivvveeee!

Me and Kristin and our 
well-deserved hardware!
And not only am I alive, I finished the half marathon in 3 hours -- 30 minutes faster than I expected!!

<happy dance>

Of course, I'm tired and sore (and I know that is only going to get worse in the coming 48 hours or so) but all-in-all it was a fabulous time.

The weather was beautiful, Team Ortho really knows how to put on a race, and I had a wonderful brunch featuring the company of my fabulous sister!

(This post sounds like I'm still riding the runner's high... and I might be.  I spent the last 2 hours on the internet researching possible races to fill the gap between now and the duathalon in August.)

I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home, doing laundry, with an early bedtime.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment