Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hooray, Tony Awards!

So, this year I went to a bona-fide Tony Awards Viewing Party.  My date is pictured to the left there.  (Okay, not really... but she was one of my favorite parts of the night.  Seriously the teeniest kitty I have ever seen.)

First, the food was fabulous -- INCLUDING a delicious vegan artichoke dip.  I know, right?

Second, Neil Patrick Harris had the most awesome opening number and THEN mentioned IKEA.  And then I Tweeted about it, and then someone said that I was AWESOME!

Third, I managed to pick 12 of the winners on my Tony ballot.  I would have had more, but I was holding on to hope that "Book of Mormon" might relinquish their stranglehold and let "Scottsboro Boys" have a little glory.  No such luck.  However, I was UBER-happy that "War Horse" got a ton of recognition.  The puppetry looks incredible and I will HAVE to see it if it tours.

So... good food, good folks, cute kitty, great show... total awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment