Friday, October 1, 2010

Vegetarian FAIL!

Welcome to October... Also known as Vegetarian Awareness Month!

So, in celebration, I've decided to pledge to be Vegetarian for the month.

Today was day one.

Because I have a near and dear friend who is a vegetarian, I've had some help in making this decision and also sticking to it. Yesterday she asked me, 'what about gelatin?" I was pretty sure it wouldn't be a big issue. I probably wouldn't even run into any gelatin-y foods. Wrong.

Starbursts have gelatin! So do marshmallows... But that was a little more obvious, and I blame my newbie status on that error.

So. Not bad. My first day and I screw it up (potentially.) I guess I've decided that gelatin is okay, but I'll try to be more conscious of it going forward.

As for today's nummy veggie foods: Said friend and I went to the Herkimer in Minneapolis to enjoy a veggie entree and FREE dessert! (In celebration of World Vegetarian Day.). I had a fabulous veggie sandwich on foccacia, and a pumpkin bread pudding. Yummo.

No comments:

Post a Comment