Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back In The Saddle!

I am feeling so blessed that we're having such beautiful weather. I did take the past couple days off, but the sight of my bike sitting in my dining room day after day grew too much to resist! Today's ride was a pretty low-key jaunt to the library, where I leafed through all the 2009 back issues of Bicycling magazine. I think I may have found a bike to consider buying... But not until next season.

Right now I'm really on the fence about winter biking... Do I go for it? Will it be worth investing in the extra gear to discover I don"t really want to do it at all? Should I put that money toward a trainer instead, and bike my little heart out in my basement all winter?

These are difficult choices... besides, winter offers so many new and fun activities. I'd really like to try snowshoeing, or get back into cross country skiing... And there's always shoveling. Great card workout there.

Here's hoping the snow stays away for a while 'til I figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment