Thursday, August 11, 2011

Trail Run #2!

...oh, the agony!!

Murphy-Hanrehan Park in Savage, you have bested me but I shall not be conquered!

This was a heckuva race, ladies and gents. Firstly, I'd been mentally preparing for a 5-mile race (which was a bit longer than I thought I was raeady for) only to be told the course was actually 5.6 (or so?!) Secondly, there was not a lot of running going on - this course had some serious ups and downs. There was a lot of walking up, and actually a lot of walking down so I didn't die. (I did almost biff it once. That was terrifying.) Add to that the eternal "sunglasses or no sunglasses" question - the last few miles left me choosing whether to be blind from lack of light, or lack of glasses.

Yeah, it was tough.

I was impressed that I did manage to maintain around a 15-minute mile, I didn't die/injure myself, and I will show up for the next race.

Oh, and I wasn't last! I actually passed 6 people, and mky best mile was mile 4-5. I picked up some serious pace time.

The next race, at 3.2 miles will seriously seem like a walk in the park.

Woo hoo!

Oh AND I wore my totally bad-ass trail shoes. They are awesome.

AND AND my number this race was 113! I am having some serious number love... though I have still to win any serious swag. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment