Friday, August 5, 2011

Puff-Puff-Puffing Along!

Last night I made my triumphant return to the Minnesota Centennial Showboat!  (The last time I'd been on-board was for its inaugural season -- Jekyll and Hyde in 2002.)

Some lovely black-eyed susans from Harriet Islad.
A beautiful vista... the boat, the river, and the skyline.
It's the boat!  Still beautiful, 9 years later.
And a view FROM the boat.
So I sat next to this great couple, who's been coming to see shows on the boat for the past 8 years or so.  They were just a stitch and a half, and made me feel like quite the Showboat Celebrity!  (The coolest part for me was when I saw that they were using the SAME BAG I made in 2002 for the Newsboy Olio!)  The show was wonderful, and my favorite olios were the parade olio (a Practical Man) and the one featuring a hotdog, ketchup, and mustard.  (Frankfurter Sandwiches!)

I kind of want to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment